Monday 3 August 2015

RIP Cilla Black

1943-2015

Just a very quick post as its 02:53AM

I have just heard the news that Cilla Black, a British icon, has past away at her home in Spain. At the age of 72. 

For those who are don't know who Cilla Black is. She was a singer turned TV presenter. 

She begin her singing career at The Cavern Club in Liverpool, while working with The Beatles. When The Beatles became really famous, Cilla was hired to The Beatles manger. In her singing career she sang such hits as Alfie, Love Of The Loved, Your My World, Step Inside Love, Something Tells Me (Somethings Gonna Happen) and Anyone Who Had A Heart, Her biggest hit, which was the best selling single for a female recording artist of the 60's, 

You can listen to these songs in the Spotify playlist below.





Cilla, is most known for her TV presenting. Presenting her first show on the BBC "Cilla" in the late sixties led to ITV Saturday night hits "Blind Date" and "Surprise Surprise"

Now, I want to set to how I was introduced to Cilla.

To set the scene it's autumn 2014.

Blind Date and Surprise Surprise had been off the air for years, I knew that she had presented it, and that it was a good program.

Anyway, so in Summer 2014 a trailer for a biopic about Cilla's early life came out. The TV show was to be aired in the Autumn. (By the way, the series is really good! I recommend that you watch it.)

When the first episode aired I was so fascinated. The series stared Sheridan Smith in the role of Cilla, and she was fantastic. I found the show so interesting, as it was about a era of life and music I have never experienced first hand. When I really fell in love was the songs. Smith covered a lot of Cilla's early songs in the series. She is a fantastic singer by the way.

Anyway, when I heard Anyone Who Had A Heart, I thought that it was a brilliant love song. Strong and emotional. After that I had downloaded a lot of Cilla's songs.


Anyway, sorry if this is really rambled. I'm tired.

RIP Cilla, you was a british Icon. Your fantasic Singing atbites, and the warmth of your personalty, which lit living rooms every Saturday night will be deeply missed.



RIP. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment